Sunday, April 09, 2006
hi people... kiayi here again
this time is just to give some advice la...
It's the sickening mating season of the ants again... and they start flying all over and then girls will start screaming everywhere. It's extremely sickening when you are trying to do your work under the light but there are like 20, 30 plus ants buzzing above your head.
Here, i have 3 methods that will supposedly help you go through your few days of ant mating season.
method one: The traditional way
If you are fun loving and playful, use your hands and catch them by their wings one by one and you can have different choices of dealing with them.
-liberating them [you crazy person]
yes, that is for the fun loving and daring. of course it would be dangerous if your light is high above the ceiling [which it most likely is]
method 2: The housewife method
This method if for the impatient and the rich.
Easy, use insecticide. Just spray. This method requires cash, inconsideration, and craziness.
Cash : you will most probably kill your light bulb along with the ants, so get ready to replace it with a new one.
Inconsideration : Hello people? heard of CFC? global warming? yeah... it comes from your dumb spraying of these stuff
Craziness : Aim, fire. Miss? Let your siblings, parents, relatives laugh at you...
method 3: The scientific way
This method is quite easy and effective.
1. prepare a pail of water [fill around 5-15cm of water you can fill more than 15cm, the higher the better, but not to high, dun go over half the pail]
2. Put it under the light [as in if the light is on the ceiling, the pail can be on the floor, but the closer the more effective. So you might wanna put it on a tall stool or ladder]
3. watch as the ants dumbly fly into the water
4. add soap so as to let them die faster...
5. If there are still ants that are flying around the light after 15mins or so, hold the pail up to the light so that is it around 1cm from the light and wait for around 15seconds.
the reason of it working: The light from your lamp/ceiling light will reflect on the water, and like the dumb poet, li bai, the ants will think that the light in the water is the actual origin of light. They will fly full speed down and get drowned in the water. Adding soap will let them die faster.
What kiayi the great did : I used method 3. It is the most effective and it has absolutely no cost. I trapped around 20+ ants in like... 5mins? You will see them bomb diving into the water as soon as you set it there. SPECTECULAR! lol... i added soap so they can go to a happier place faster. [actually, i just wanna see them squirm], but they really die faster la...
yup, so thats the ultimate ant killing guide. and yes, all the methods are usable...